Friday, May 15, 2020

Task of teaching reading to YLs

Name: Iin Inayatillah
NIM: 2109180048
Class: 2A

1. The most challenging to teach reading to young learners before 5 years old is they still read according to the writing even some of them have not be able to read in indonesia or can not read it smoothly. When I give them how to pronounce some word well, then I ask them to imitate me. Maybe, some of them will do it well and some of them get difficultness to pronounce it. Even some of them do nothing, because they are shy or lazy. As we know that young learners are easy to be bored, difficult to manage and they really like playing. So that, I have to be more creative.

2. I choose one of teaching reading methods that is guessing game. If I am an english teacher to young learners I will teach by that method, because they like playing.
Prosedurs of teaching reading about fruit:
1. Teacher presents some names of fruit to review names of fruit.
2. Teacher shows card or stick poster of fruit with mention colour of fruit.
3. Teacher points a card or poster and ask them "what is it?".
4. After they mention the name of fruit, teacher write the name of fruit and ask them to spell it.
5. In the end of class, teacher asks some of them to come forward and mention all of the names of fruit and its colour while appointing the card or poster.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment